1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are on the look out for Catch of the Week Stars! If you are ready to share your birth story with the community, please private message @Booboo08 Unfoldings such as birth, postnatal and breastfeeding are very welcome!
    Dismiss Notice

Qualifications needed for Midwifery?

Discussion in 'Thinking Of Applying' started by xhoneyxboox, Oct 19, 2008.

  1. xhoneyxboox

    xhoneyxboox Guest

    Hellooo this website is the most helpful I've found so far and I really need help and I'm sooo worried I am losing sleep now thinking about what to doooo!:no:
    I have just left high school in May and have started at a Sxth Form where I am studying Music, Art, English Language, Music and Biology. However, I have been veryyy ill with stress recently and as I am having alot of trouble with my parents I am constantly away from home and my attendance is terrible, I am also trying to find somewhere to live and all of this is greatly affecting my work at college and therefore I am really struggling and finding the work very tough, and although the college and my tutors are aware of my difficulties they are not helping at alllllll.
    Therefore, I have decided the best thing to do is to leave college and work for a year and then return in september to a different college,however not many colleges around my area offer a levels and I was wondering if these are mandatory for being a midwife? if not then what courses could i do instead...any information would be really helpful!
    x x x x
  2. B00

    B00 Student Midwife Jan'09! x

    Dec 10, 2007
    Likes Received:
    Not Specified
    Welcome to the site :)
    Sorry your having such a tough time hun.. I hope it all falls into place for you soon.
    I did a BTEC national diploma in care :) Its equivalent to 3 A'levels. Im sure there are other courses too.x
  3. Noo

    Noo Well-Known Member

    Nov 1, 2007
    Likes Received:
    You could do something like Health and Social care? Check with the unis you wish to apply to. You'd need to make sure it gave you the required UCAS points
  4. eas7nurse

    eas7nurse New Member

    Oct 17, 2008
    Likes Received:
    Not Specified
    Qualificationwise most university who offer the Pre-reg degree will accept a varied range of qualification from A levels,BTEC courses,Access etc.
  5. _Josie

    _Josie Guest


    Have a look at our University list as it gives you phones numbers, email and links to online prospectuses so giving you all the info you need on qualifications :) that will help you decide what is right for you for your next course.


    Im really sorry to hear you have been ill and hope that this next year see's you return to full health and sets you on the path to achieve your dream.

    Great to have you here

    TP x
    #5 _Josie, Oct 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
  6. Mrsteapot

    Mrsteapot Well-Known Member

    Jul 15, 2008
    Likes Received:
    Not Specified
    There are many courses instead of a.levels, eg the baccalaureate, access to nursing, lots of other things, which I somebody else mentioned, if you have a look at the particular Uni, they will give you a list. Good luck.

Share This Page